Parish Council Minutes

Here you can find the latest minutes from the last Parish Council Meeting

A meeting of the Biddestone & Slaughterford Parish Council took place at the Village Hall, Biddestone on Tuesday 14th March 2017 at 7.00pm.  The following members were present:

 

IN THE CHAIR:

PRESENT:             Cllrs A. Juniper (AJ,), C. Draper (CD), R de Fossard (RdF), M. Mullens (MM), T.Smith (TS),

 

In attendance         Baroness Scott of Bybrook (JS), Adam Walton, Mike Crystal, Craig Morris & Pepper Barney

 

Ref #                                            Content                                                                                                                                   Action
78

 

 

79

 

80

 

81

81.1

81.2

81.3

81.4

81.5

 

82

82.1

 

 

82.2

82.3

82.4

82.5

 

83

 

 

84

84.1

 

 

85

85.1

 

86

 

 

 

87

87.1

87.2

 

 

88

88.1

88.2

88.3

88.4

88.5

88.6

 

88.7

 

 

88.8

88.9

 

 

88.10

88.11

 

89

 

 

 

90

 

 

91

91.1

 

91.2

 

 

 

To Receive & Approve Apologies for Absence: Cllr G Stafford (GS), C.Madley (CM), A. Williams (AW).

A Short (AS),

 

Declaration of Interests = None

 

To Approve Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 14th February 2017 – Proposed by MM as a true record and APPROVED.   Signed and dated by the chairman.

 

To Receive & Act Upon Rolling Action List =

Parish Council website would be launched after the May AGM and meeting.

Community Resilience Plan and Snow Plan awaiting finalization.

Twittern Bend – fallen tree, Parish Steward to be asked to clear any debris from road.

Two requests had been received for dropped kerbs.

 

Chairman’s Report

Village Website & Broadsheet – A funding application is to be made to Chippenham Area Board for a laptop and website development.  It was AGREED that the Parish Council would support this application and make a contribution.

Duck Signage – M.Crystal was thanked for the new signs which  are to be put up on Saturday 18th March 2017.

Defibrillator Training – Date to be confirmed.for early September

Seagulls & Vermin – WC vermin officer to be requested to attend the pond.

Public Conveniences – Electrical and legionella testing/inspection booked prior to re-opening.

 

To Receive Notification of Planning Appeal: APP/Y3940/D/3169729

Skimpot Cottage, Biddestone, SN14 7DD  Proposed: Carport & Garden Store                      Noted

 

To Receive Notification of Planning Applications Approved:

16/09864/FUL & 16/10112/LBC  Mountjoy Farm, The Butts, Biddestone SN14 7DY

Proposal: Demolish existing outbuildings and replace with similar                                         Noted

 

To Receive Notification of Planning Applications Received:                                                  NO OBJECTIONS

Proposal: Fell 2 Apple Trees, Crown Raise Horse Chestnut Tree to 3.5mtrs above ground level

 

Listed Buildings & Planning Issues – A map of the parish containing listed buildings had been received from WC  but upon inspection appeared to be incorrect.  Several houses were either missing, including the village pump, or wrongly named.  AJ to follow up on this.

 

Finances

To Receive Statement of Balances for Accounts #1 & #2 – Noted

To Approve Accounts for Payment February/March 2017 – Clerks Salary, expenses HMRC and Broadsheet Subscription amounting to  £516.52 was proposed by MM and APPROVED for payment.

 

Representatives  & Working Party Reports:

Biddestone Village Hall & Recreational Trust – New cricket pavilion going ahead.  Best Kept Village certificates to be hung in the foyer.  Support given for a proposed Village Clean Up. Next meeting 21.03.17.

Chippenham Area Board  –  No representative

Chippenham Area Transport Group   –  No report.

Corsham Area Board – Clashes with this evenings Parish Council meeting.

Parish Forum  – Police Report given  which centered on rural policing, diminishing funds, need for ‘specials’ recruitment.

Parish Steward’s Report =Gully tanker requested to remove debris from drain in The Butts following failed attempt by Mark to dislodge what appears to be building rubble.  Date requested from WC for sweeping of Church Road.

Police & Neighbourhood Watch Update  – Car theft in Biddestone.

Slaughterford Update – Broadband – Six houses in lower part of village will not be included in the current roll out, the application for community co-funding for these houses remains open but the households may be required to make a contribution.  JS offered to look into the situation.

CPRE Best Kept Village – Entry forms are being completed.

Great British Spring Clean – Completed.

 

Neighbourhood Plan – After a good deal of debate it was felt that an updating of the current 2009 Parish Plan might be a more productive and less expensive way to go.  A number of members of the public attending the meeting expressed interest in contributing to this update.

 

Traffic Calming – Responses to circulated Report – It was agreed that the Clerk would contact WC Highways and request an officer make an inspection of the identified areas and give recommendations.

 

Clerks Report

Update on Registration & Ownership of The Common & The Butts – Clerk confident that these are now fully registered.

Elections – Clerk reminded councillors of the need to submit nomination forms by 4th April 2017.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.20pm

 

The next Meeting will be held on Tuesday 11th April at 7pm in Biddestone Village Hall

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GS

GG

GS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

AJ

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JS

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

A meeting of the Biddestone & Slaughterford Parish Council took place at the Village Hall, Biddestone on Tuesday 14th February 2017 at 7.00pm.  The following members were present:

 

IN THE CHAIR:   Cllr G Stafford (GS)

PRESENT:             Cllrs A. Juniper (AJ,),C. Draper (CD),  R de Fossard (RdF), C.Madley (CM), M. Mullens (MM),

Cllrs A Short (AS), T.Smith (TS), A. Williams (AW).

 

In attendance         Baroness Scott of Bybrook (JS)

 

Ref #                                            Content                                                                                                                                   Action
65

 

66

 

67

 

 

68

 

 

 

 

69

69.1

69.2

69.3

 

 

70

70.1

 

 

72

72.1

 

72.2

 

72.3

 

 

73

73.1

 

73.2

 

73.3

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

74

74.1

 

74.2

 

 

 

 

75

75.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

75.2

 

 

 

 

 

 

75.3

 

 

75.4

75.5

75.6

 

75.7

75.8

 

 

76

 

 

77

77.1

77.2

77.3

To Receive & Approve Apologies for Absence: Clerk G .Gill

 

Declaration of Interests – None

 

To Approve Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 13th December 2016 – Proposed by MM as a true record and APPROVED.  Signed and dated by the Chairman.

 

To Receive & Act Upon Rolling Action List   – Noted                                                  Addendum #1

It was considered that the Village Plan should be revisited with the possibility of creating a Neighbourhood Plan, maybe in conjunction with adjoining villages.  Ongoing discussion with Paul Bollen regarding clearing of verge by Twitten Bend.

 

Chairman’s Report:                                                                                                                                       

January Workshop – held successfully on 10 Jan and found beneficial by all who took part.

White Hourse – Enterprise Inns are hopeful of White Horse reopening by end of February.

Councillor profiles – Councillor profiles will have to put on website as soon as it is ready. It was proposed by GS that there should be a link between the Parish and Village websites.

 

To Receive Notification of Planning Permission Refused: Noted

16/09855/FUL & 16/101123/LBC Mountjoy Farm, The Butts, Biddestone.SN14 7DY

Proposal: New access in existing frontage with parking and pedestrian gate.

 

To Receive Notification of Planning Applications Approved: Noted

16/10797/FUL   The Close, The Green, Biddestone, SN14 7DG

Proposal:   Alterations to existing building to provide additional accommodation for holiday cottage.

16/11055/LBC   The Close, The Green, Biddestone, SN14 7DG

Proposal: Internal & External Alterations

16/11479/FUL The Oak House, Church Road, Biddestone. SN14 7DP

Proposal: Side Extension.

 

To Receive Notification of Planning Applications Received: 

16/11236/FUL The White Hart Inn, Junction with A420, Ford, Chippenham SN14 8RP              SUPPORTED

Proposal: New Sewage treatment plant.

17/00458/FUL Pound Cottage, I Church Road, Biddestone SN14 7DP.                                    NO OBJECTIONS

Proposal: Internal alterations and works including replacement windows and doors and new window.

17/00554/FUL The School, The Green, Biddestone SN14 7DG  NO OBJECTIONS ( after lengthy discussion)

Proposal: Extensions and Alterations to Dwelling

 

Cllr Juniper reported on a meeting by the Chairman and AJ with the Chief Conservation Officer, Caroline Ridgwell, Lee Burman from Development Control and Baroness Scott on 13 Jan.

We expressed our concerns regarding the handling of a recent Lawful Development Certificate, the length of time it took to investigate the matter and that neither the Parish Council nor the adjacent landowners were made aware of the application until it had been granted.

We requested that in future the PC be informed of such applications when they are received by WC as they are for conventional planning and listed building consents.   The initial reaction seemed favourable but a week later the PC were informed that following internal discussion this would not be possible as it would generate significant additional work for the Planning Dept and would have to be done for all Parishes as Biddestone could not be singled out for this function.

We also asked for some consistency in planning decisions since at present these vary widely depending on the Assigned Officer.   Cllr Scott is still in discussion with planning on the above matters

It was considered that these planning issues needed clarification with a view to a possible Neighbourhood Plan.    It was agreed to put Neighbourhood Plan on the Agenda for the next meeting.

 

Finances

To Receive Statement of Balances for Accounts #1 & #2 – The Current statement of Accounts was circulated showing a balance of £38039.31 in the No 1 a/c and £6169.91 in the No 2 a/c.

To Approve Accounts for Payment January/February 2917

The following cheques were proposed for payment by TS and issued.

Clerks Salary £160.11  HMRC £40.00  BVHRT Hall Hire £ 249.17  Clerks Salary(DEC) £160.11   HMRC (DEC) £99.60 Cllr Juniper £80.00 (refund of cost of Luncheon Club Christmas Lunch)

 

Representatives  & Working Party Reports:

Biddestone Village Hall & Recreational Trust Last meeting 17 Jan.  New cricket pavilion under construction, should be started by end of month.   Risk register draft to be circulated and discussed at March meeting. It was agreed that financial procedures and regulations should be in place and the Parish Council Financial Regulations will be considered as a template including an HSBC procedure for internet banking.  Bank balances are positive and the increase in expenditure has been matched by increase in hall hire revenue.  Important that Directors liability insurance should be in place prior to transfer to Ltd Company status in April.

Chippenham Area Board  –  Last meeting held 16 Jan.  Speed limits proposed for Kington Langley.  Funding for disabled parking has been withdrawn.  £3500 extra funding for Open Blue Bus equipped with kitchen, toys, games, laptops tovisit town and rural communities for all ages of children and for older people to meet up, £5000 for recording equipment for local youth and £5000 for Sheldon Youth Theatre.

Spring litter pick-ups being organised  for 3rd to 5th March. Villages need to register to take part.  GS to look at website regarding registration. In 2018 trees to be planted throughout Wiltshire for all 10000 soldiers from County who died in Great War.

Chippenham Area Transport Group   –  Only 3 out of 16 resurfacing projects have been completed in area due to budget constraints.  Biddestone still have 3 outstanding. Not known when these may happen.  CM to put letter in Broadsheet asking if any “drop kerbs” are requires for disabled access.  If any these must be submitted en bloc.

Corsham Area Board – No Report

Parish Forum  – No Report

Parish Steward’s Report – GS and CM had a positive meeting with Paul Bollen. New Steward now operational and has filled potholes round the Green and cleared drains at Slaughterford amoungst other work

Police & Neighbourhood Watch Update – No Report

Slaughterford Update – Broadband – Some houses not included in latest Broadband upgrade proposal.

–  Operational Flood Working Group Meeting 16.01.17 – AW registered as member of flood working group.

 

Traffic Calming – Responses to circulated Report – Some Cllrs were unable to download documents sent by CD early this week.  GS to request GG to prepare copies for all Cllrs before next meeting when it will be discussed.

 

Clerks Report

Update on Registration & Ownership of The Common & The Butts – No Report in Clerks absence

CPRE Best Kept Village – CM undertook to submit our entry before 18 April.

Elections – The close date for nomination form submission is 12..00 Midday on 4th April.   The election will be held on 4th May.  Several present councillors intend to stand down so there is an urgent need for new prospective Councillors.  A letter to be placed in the next Broadsheet to this effect.

 

 

There being no further business the meeting ended at 8.40pm

 

The next Meeting will be held on Tuesday 14th March at 7pm in Biddestone Village Hall.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

JS

 

GG

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GS

 

 

 

CM

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

GG

 

 

 

CM

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Here are December 2016’s minutes

 

A meeting of the Biddestone & Slaughterford Parish Council took place at the Village Hall, Biddestone on Tuesday 13th December 2016 at 7.00pm.  The following members were present:

 

IN THE CHAIR:   Cllr A. Juniper (AJ,)

PRESENT:             R de Fossard (RdF), M. Mullens (MM), Cllr A Short (AS), T.Smith (TS) and  A. Williams (AW).

 

In attendance          G A Gill (Clerk)

 

Ref #                                            Content                                                                                                                                   Action
52

 

 

53

 

54

 

 

55

 

56

56.1

56.2

 

 

 

57

57.1

 

 

58

58.1

 

 

 

59

59.1

 

 

 

59.2

 

 

60

60.1

60.2

 

 

60.3

 

60.4

 

60.5

60.6

 

 

61

61.1

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

61.2

61.3

 

61.4

 

 

61.5

 

 

61.6

 

61.7

61.8

 

62.

 

63.

 

 

 

 

64.

64.1

 

64.2

 

64.3

 

To Receive & Approve Apologies for Absence : Cllrs  C.Draper (CD}, Cllrs,C.Madley (CM), Cllr Mrs G Stafford (GS), Baroness Scott (District Cllr)

Declaration of Interests: None

To Approve Minutes of Parish Council Meeting held on Tuesday 8th November 2016: Proposed by MM as a true record and APPROVED.   Signed and dated by the chairman.

To Receive & Act Upon Rolling Action List – Noted                                                               Addendum #1                                      

Chairman’s Report

Chairman’s meeting with Baroness Scott – Deferred until January 2017

Procedure for Parish Council members contacting parishioners or the general public at large.  All members should know of any pending contact with members of the public who should be contacted either by letter or email or with a personal visit by two members of the council.

 

To Receive Notification of Planning Permission Refused: 

Skimpot Cottage, Biddestone SN14 7DD

Proposal: Carport & Garden Store

 

To Receive Notification of Planning Applications Approved:

16/10236/VAR   Biddestone Cricket Club,   Yatton Road, Biddestone, SN14 7BZ

Proposal: Variation of Condition 4 of Planning Application 15/03441/FUL to include alterations to

room arrangements with corresponding alterations to doors and windows, and inclusion of a clock tower.

 

To Receive Notification of Planning Applications Received:

16/10797/FUL   The Close, The Green, Biddestone, SN14 7DG

Proposal:   Alterations to existing building to provide additional accommodation for holiday cottage.

                                                                                                                                      NO OBJECTIONS

 

16/11055/LBC   The Close, The Green, Biddestone, SN14 7DG

Proposal: Internal & External Alterations                                                                    NO OBJECTIONS

 

Finances

To Receive Statement of Balances for Accounts #1 & #2       Noted                                            Addendum #2

To Approve Accounts for Payment December 2016

G.Gill   Salary £160.11:, Grant Thornton External Audit 2015/16 £120: HMRC Tax £40: Wiltshire Council , Contribution for roadworks £1,000.  Proposed by MM for payment and APPROVED.

To Receive Notification of Tax Base for 2017/18: The tax base for 2016.17 is 257.91 this sum divided into the £8080 precept gives a Band D figure of £31.38.

To Receive for Approval  Luncheon Club Grant.  A grant for up to five attendees at the lunch was APPROVED

To Receive for Approval  Gardeners Club Grant   NOT APPROVED

Update on Lloyds Bank  The Clerk had been notified by Lloyds that all new signatories were now in place and that the account was fully functional.

 

Representatives  & Working Party Reports:

Biddestone Village Hall & Recreational Trust – Year end 2015/16 accounts have been finalized and will be presented at the December meeting.

The chairman and treasurer considered the amount paid for the lease of land to be realistic following a valuation.   At a recent meeting with the Cricket Club, the mower purchased earlier in the year was declared unfit for purpose.   The Club proposes to trade in this machine for a new mower at their expense and also purchase a further mower which will be used specifically to cut the pitches,

The Tennis Club will continue to use the toilets in the referee’s room until such time as the new Pavilion has been built to avoid conflict with other hall users.

The railings at the ramp which were painted as part of a community service order will be repainted green in the spring.

Chippenham Area Board  –  no meeting

Chippenham Area Transport Group   –  Meeting 16.01.2017  Recommendation to be made for updates on road works at Ham Lane, Cuttle Lane and between Ford and Slaughterford.

Corsham Area Board –meeting 23.11.17 Springfields, Corsham – Details of the development of the Mansion House as a centre for small businesses to start up, particularly in the IT/Social Media sector.  No business plan was available.  Next meeting 17.01.17

Parish Forum  – meeting 23.11.16 The Goss, Croft Hall, Upper Seagry. Information on BT telephone boxes was made available.  The parish boxes are not due to be decommissioned.   A list of Parish Steward duties was provided.  Clerk to circulate this list to all council members.

Parish Steward’s Report – Roy packer has had to step  down as Parish Steward due to ill health, his replacement has yet to be named.  Clerk to request that the outstanding work in progress be dealt with as soon as possible.

Police & Neighbourhood Watch Update –  There was a burglary in Biddestone village in the past week.

Slaughterford Update – Broadband – No news.

 

Traffic Calming – Responses to circulated Report.  Deferred to next meeting 14.02.2017

 

Parish Council website & Village website Updates – Clerk is creating pdf documents for downloading on the new Parish Council website and it is hope to have the site up and running by the next meeting.  The Village website will continue to show abridged minutes and it was AGREED that the council would continue to help with financial support.

 

Clerks Report

Update on Registration & Ownership of The Common & The Butts:  Registration documents were now to hand which showed that the Parish Council registered these two areas as Common Land on 1.10.1970.

Operational Flood Working Group Meeting 16.11.16  – No one was able to attend the meeting but it was established that Slaughterford was not on the agenda.

CPRE Best Kept Village: Certificates for 1st Prise Local Round and 2nd Prize Regional Round had been received together with a cheque for £100.

 

There being no further business the meeting closed at 8.45pm