BIDDESTONE VILLAGE HALL AND RECREATION TRUST
MINUTES OF EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING, 15th NOVEMBER 2016
Present: Nick Davis (Chair), David Daniel, Debbie Entwistle, Ashley Juniper, Brenda New, David New, Andy Short, Ian Smith and Val Spencer-Jones.
Apologies: Hywel Evan, Lorena Roberts and Gill Stafford.
- Minutes of Meeting, 18th October 2016
Agreed as a true record.
- Annual Accounts
Nick signed off the Annual Accounts to 31.3.16 which had been examined and agreed by Ashley Juniper.
- Matters Arising
- Fireworks Review.
The estimated 800/1,000 attendees were considered manageable and about right. The bar and catering had worked well. More volunteers required for the clean-up on Saturday am. As thanks for all their efforts, a meal was arranged for David Millard and his team and David Taylor and his brother. Ian will organize a hamper for John Collett. Nick agreed to send thankyou letters to David Millard for another splendid display and to Jim Hedges for the loan of his barbecue. Nick/Ian
- Risk Register
Carry forward to next meeting.
- Procedure for Obtaining/Accepting Estimates
Carry forward to next meeting.
- Use of Facilities by the Tennis Club.
As a result of a complaint from the Chairman of the Tennis Club, the use of hall facilities during a private hiring was discussed. It was agreed that hirers should have exclusive use of the toilets and Kitchen. Ian agreed that the Tennis Club would use the referees changing room when the hall was let.
- Financial Report
Bank balances as of the end of October are Current Acc. £5,137, Deposit Acc. £26,635, Playground £4.084 and Brewery 10,006. Expenditure is currently outstripping income, in part due to increased investment in grounds and building maintenance. The bar has had a good month. Income from hall hire is healthy and if the trend continues, finances for this FY should be sound.
- Bookings Report Bookings remain high and feedback from hirers is very good. It was agreed not to charge the Fete Committee for use of the Club Room.
- Any Other Business
- SSE has vetoed the main electricity change over. Nick is investigating new contractors. Nick
- From 1 April 2017 we switch to operating through the new company. New Company no. 09445502 to be emailed to Insurers for Director’s 3rd Party Liability. David N.
- Painting of railings on the ramp will resume in the Spring. David D. to advise John Alston.
- Nick to look at the booking form before next meeting. Nick
- Report on Meeting with the Cricket Club
A meeting was held on 14th Nov. to discuss various issues with the Cricket Club. As a result of this, the following points were put to the Committee and agreed.
- The football clubs will use the changing facilities in the new pavilion. David N. to invoice for hire as normal. Income to be split 50:50 with the Cricket Club for use of water, cleaning, etc.
- The Mower purchased with the Sectn. 106 money is broken and not fit for purpose. The Cricket Club agreed to sell this and their original mower and purchase another with the combined proceeds. The Cricket Club will use this mower to cut the football pitches and perimeter grass and will charge for their labour. The mower purchased with the ECB grant is to be used for the cricket pitch only.
- The contribution made by the Cricket Club to the bar and hall activities in general was recognized. The existing arrangement of £12.50/hr for 2 hours in the season, free use of the club room on match days, and 2 free evening hires per annum, will continue.
- The £183 payment per month covers use of the Zipfel field only. It was felt that a hire fee for the use of the front cricket pitch should be levied in line with our fees for football hires, etc. This would result in an extra payment of £1,000/pa. However, the Committee wished to recognize the massive amount the Cricket Club do for youth development, which involves many of the Village children, and agreed to suspend this payment if the Club have 50+ under 18 members on their books.
- In recognition of the Cricket Club’s initiative and fund raising efforts, the Cricket Club will have use of the enlarged bar space created in the Phase 2 development free of charge on Friday and Saturday evenings for the 4 month season, to be reviewed after 2 years.
- All of the above is dependant upon satisfactory resolution of the mower situation.
- Next Meeting
20th June at 7.15pm.