Parish steward Mark Hawkins will be in the village on Thursday, February 20th for half a day, Monday 24th February for a full day. Thursday, 19th March for half a day and Monday 23rd March for a full day. We have the steward for a day and a half and his usual work plan is half a day in Slaughterford and the remainder of the time in Biddestone.
Please Note – During the cold weather the steward works on the gritting lorry over night and will not be working in the village. This also applies to heavy rain storms, he will be moved out of the village to work on clearing storm damage and clearing drains that may cause flooding.
His various duties include –
- Hand cutting and cutting growth from drainage grips and drain gully covers. Hand clearing blocked drainage, grips, culverts, pipes and pits ( unable to jet system)
- Clearing storm debris from the roads and footways
- Pedestrian barrier preparation and painting. Cleaning and straightening of small road signs, street nameplates and bollards
- Securing small road signs, verge marker posts and supplying street name plates
- Removal of limited graffiti from road signs, bollards and street name plates
- Hand cutting of grass and vegetation in visibility areas
- Hand treatment of weeds
- Hand clearing encroaching growth and soil from footpaths
- Repair of small potholes in roads and footways
- Clearing vegetation from road signs
If you need the Parish steward services please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any highway problems, please contact email@example.com